Thursday, May 30, 2024

Destruction

 

You let me go

You just let me go

You didn’t fight

You didn’t hang on

You just let me go


I Fought for you

I fought for you daily

Sometimes hourly

I never let go


You threw those daggers

I set those boundaries

As a means of protection

And you released all the arrows

They broke me


I turned around

Every damn time

Regardless of the physical and emotional pain

I continued to turn around


You slammed those doors

You broke it all to pieces

You left me to clean up the mess

At what point do you realize the mass destruction you left in your wake


As I float through the air…

Or when I crash to the ground…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...