Sunday, May 19, 2024


joy…

Where did you go

How did I lose you

Now I am struggling to find you…


You ran off with my joy

Slowly but surely it was yours to misappropriate 

Little by little you siphoned it out of me

as quietly as the air is released from the sky 


joy…

You tried to stay 

But I let you be squashed 

I allowed your light to dim

& now it is a struggle to reignite 


Your deeds battered & bruised me

Your negligence left me abandoned

Your withholding of love ripped me to pieces

Like paper thrown in the trash


joy…

You were contagious

People were drawn to me because of you

My soul lit up because of the way you moved through me…


I want it back

It dissipated right through your fingers and mine

You could only hold it for so long

It wasn’t yours to keep but you kept taking


joy…

You broke into pieces 

You refused to see the light again

I shielded you from the blows by way of a masquerade 

Whose eyes were open would only be blinded by that pain


That pain you inflicted will not leave me

It is carved into my bones so deeply 

Your grasp drained the joy completely out of my soul yet your hands suffocate me at best

The power will always be yours


Until I find my joy again 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...