Friday, May 31, 2024

happy birthday

 

3 years 

1,095 days


28 years

10,220 days


It was directed by spite

Contemplated often

The grand finale ended in a rage of intoxication

Intoxication that would not pause 


It was my fairy tale nightmare peppered in with  meaningful moments 

but they were not enough

Not enough to hold him

For me I pushed them aside

& set them on the bedside table

Hoping they would dissipate 


The duration of those 1,095 days was a push & pull of sorts

Questioning at best with very loose boundaries


The endurance of 10,220 days was a lifetime

Blessings & abundance

Agony & deep rooted heartache


Present day, is impossible to live in

The twilight zone is my fortress

Past days are comfortable & all I know

Future days suffocate me with all the questioning regardless of the joy that beckons me


happy birthday dear one, you’re scarred for a lifetime as you live in your twilight zone of comfort

It’s up to you to release & live in the now….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...