Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Anywhere but here

 


Where are you? 

You’ve lost your place 

I can’t seem to find you anywhere 

Believe me, I’ve tried …


You are everywhere 

You’ve ghosted your place 

But I see you in everything 

Every turn, every moment, every nook and cranny, you’re hidden in it…


I’ve searched for a long time 

I’ve tried to come up with my own answers 

There are no resolutions 

You’ve just disappeared 


you resurface

In the daylight, in the nighttime 

In their faces, in their voices, in their mannerisms 

I see you everywhere…


I’m strangled with grief 

I want to flee you  

I want to escape every last bit of you  

But there are moments, gasps of air that seep out of me

 I can’t breathe, because you’ve held my breath, for so long


You’re anywhere but here…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...