Wednesday, October 11, 2023

so I sit



 Why is it when you should feel happiness & acceptance there’s a roadblock 

Myself


Is that based on my nature? 

Is that based on my past? 

Do I not deserve it? 


Why can I not accept it…

Why is it so hard for me to push out this 

feeling of guilt

my mind knows it needs to go

This has had a hold on me long enough 


Joy, contentment, happiness, peace 

Those words sit uncomfortably in my body 

My heart is overwhelmed with the rush of the new 

My brain gets clogged with the rush of the shifting thoughts

All the overthinking, the questioning, becomes a challenge

The physical feelings in my body unnerve me 


So I sit

I sit with these feelings

I acknowledge these feelings 

I continue to move 

& just breathe through the tangled thoughts that flood my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...