Friday, October 6, 2023

Out of control


Out of control

As I sit here & watch the flames spiral through this glass I’m reminded

Out. of. control. 

Those three words sit in my gut


The flames leap & swirl

The intensity of escaping the jar is prevalent

If closer to something they would latch on & destroy

Yet nothing is near


The flame just died

Just like that

All of the madness of the fire raging in that tiny jar 

Just poof

Gone in an instant

All that is left is the dark

The cinged smell of ash


The jar contained the flame for a while

As it grew it began to dance inside

Yet this wasn’t a waltz but a rave


The flames spun out of control

Grasping for something anything near 

But the glass prohibited the flames to spread 


My mind is like that

Contained

Yet so much is swirling inside grasping for the truths 

Any truth, any sense of substance that I can latch onto

The flames hover, waiting

When there is nothing

Poof

I am silenced

Out.of.control.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...