Saturday, October 14, 2023

Normal

 



What is normal? 

The story I lived was not normal 

It’s all part of the healing process 

But yet I don’t know if I should be filled with rage or if I should be grateful I got out 

When you realize how wrong things were you question everything about yourself 

How could I not have that self-love/self respect for myself? 

Why did I feel like I wasn’t worthy of  so much more or just any sense of normalcy? 

Why did I feel like that was okay


The doors that were slammed, the glass that was shattered, the skin that was torn, the body that was bruised, the heart that was broken, why was that my normal for so long??? 

Why did it take so long for me to climb out of that pit??


There’s no such thing as normal 

But realizing that you are a person

that deserves to be loved, adored, taken care of 

But yet you let yourself be broken down, shattered, abandoned 

Why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...