Friday, September 29, 2023

Stranger


 Stranger~ a person whom one does not know or with whom one is not familiar….


I can’t sit with this feeling tonight

It’s disheartening 

Where one can become a complete stranger

after years of shared history 


Seeing through the magnifying glass now

much of life was unaccountable

Buried between the pages that I quickly turned before the truth could escape


Yet the truth would flee but my hands covered my ears

As it raced against time to catch the sound waves that squeezed between my fingers

Unrelentless they would find a way into my psyche 


Much to my chagrin it would take years to filter through

Yet when it did

My heart broke

In pieces

Not all at once but steadily

Like “slow & steady wins the race”

But I haven’t won


The stranger has…


While their ears are open

Their eyes unglued

Only a moment for clarity

Yet it’s clear right away


Fast & furious to slow & steady


Slipping through their fingers

Oozing out their pores

Bleeding from their heart 

But they, the stranger is unscathed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...