Saturday, September 16, 2023

the dance

 


Sometimes my brain needs to sit in the quiet

Many times I force that stillness into motion

When the quiet presents itself, it screams at me

It’s not a subtle nudge like most might experience 

But a warning signal launched into the air 

Hoping desperately for me to finally grasp & turn off


I’ve realized the majority of my adult life has been a dance

A push & pull of sorts 

Between one soul & my own

You discover quite a bit about yourself as you continue this dance

Once the music is silenced it slowly roars out of control to gain your attention


This is me

This is my life

Or should I say this was my life


What pulls me back into that dance

While beautiful at times, often beauty was replaced by a nightmare

Who then, in their right mind, continues to fall back in, as soon as the music begins to play…

not this time…

not this time…

this “sealtian” will be my own❤️‍🩹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...