Monday, August 28, 2023

Again


Everyone wants to believe in something

A person, a higher power, themselves

What happens when that “something”  abandons them

Shakes their bones, puts out their light, crushes their soul

Not just once, but continuously 

At a perpetual speed that leaves you feeling as if you’re in the full blown fuckin twilight zone

What then?

Have you been in this place

Do I walk this path alone

Am I permitted to speak or drown in my silence

You view the experience through so many different lenses

You begin to question reality

How could this ultimately be a continuance & not yet this unfulfilled prophecy

“The story isn’t over” are the words you’ve been told but there are no actions to back them up

They fall on deaf ears as the patterns emerge again & again & again

Meanwhile you’re expected to keep moving, continue to press through the walls that you have still failed to break down

Why is that

Do you ever wonder

Truly what is the right answer, it slips through my fingers like sand

Just when I feel I’ve grasped it 

it slips out of my control 

Again & again & again


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...