Tuesday, August 8, 2023

This day


 

This day….

I feel it all

The heaviness, the burden, the pressure

The force slams me to the floor


This day…

Monotone

I am on auto pilot

It’s all a blur

My soul escapes through my pores

I am unaware


This day…

Is Joy

I feel triumphant

The acceleration of happiness flows through me

It’s as if I finally have won the battle between my mind & my soul

Fleeting yet solid in my bones


This day…

Is ordinary

A dream, some might say 

But then I wake up

The horrific sorrow looms over my head, like a cloud


This day…

Will be different

Because I have to make a choice

I cannot stay here forever

Regardless of the ties that bind me


Each day…

Is a new step

Leading down a path I did not choose

But a road that I must travel from this day forward



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...