Friday, February 19, 2021

Heavy




My heart is heavy today
I have to admit its been heavy for a while

What does heavy look like
What does heavy feel like

For me, it feels like I can't breath
an overwhelming tightness

It feels like I am underwater 
I can't reach up to pull myself out from the depth

It feels like loss
like devastating uncontrollable loss

It feels like a death
like a vanishing and they aren't coming back

It swirls above my head like a tornado
it tears across my soul and rips my heart apart

I don't want to sit with this
I don't want to feel this

But I am forced to
It won't go away

Regardless of decisions made
or things left open
there will always be a heaviness

it's unavoidable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...