Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Clarity




 I found that clarity comes for me at such random times.  I have devoted much time to recommuning with God & then "falling off the wagon" way more often than I care to admit.

But this week, I started back to my morning walks.  I live across the street from a beautiful forest.  There is a path that I have walked many times.  I call it my "god path"  

It has become a stomping ground for getting out unwanted emotions & feelings.  

It has become a safe haven where I can scream, cry, converse & unload whatever is necessary.  

It has become a saving grace for me.....

Today, I decided to capture a few pictures that meant something significant to me.  First, the path itself...for I am thrown back to the poem of Robert Frost, "who's woods these are, I think i know..."  These woods, these trees, this sky, the well beaten path, has heard my inner most thoughts, my deepest darkest secrets, my confessions of fear & hate, the experiences of strength, hope & despair.  For that I am thankful....

The cows, I have always been fascinated by their nature.  They stopped and stared at me for awhile.  They make me laugh & I question their thoughts.  For while they might appear alone, in solitude, they are not.  They are surrounded by beauty, by each other & by a master(that is in the shadows).  They are taken care of with little to no effort.  I feel that I can relate to these cows, as bizarre as that may sound.  There have been many times in the last year that I have felt completely alone.  But I wasn't.  I was surrounded by beauty, by others & by a master(God, that was in the shadows).  

The sun, do you see it?  It is hiding, desperate to rise above....

For me, that spoke volumes this morning.  On this day, I feel that I am the sun, desperate to rise above.  For so long, I stayed hidden, peeking out, only when necessary.  I was concerned with what might be thought of me, I was terrified of the outcome of my decisions and always relied on others for help or answers.  But now, but God....

I am strong.  I am confident.  I am enough.  I am secure & whole.  I am all that I should ever need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...