Saturday, August 31, 2024

Muddy waters


I’ve calmed down

My body doesn’t ache

My heart feels at rest

My thoughts don’t race

I truly have some sense of peace


It’s complicated, I’ll tell myself, but in reality it’s not

I’m not overthinking

Just realizing

I’m allowed to be me

It’s okay to feel & be where I am


Times are meant to be waded through

Sometimes you feel like your drowning

& many times you don’t realize how you pulled yourself out of the waters


The pressure kept building until it didn’t anymore

It just gradually stopped


It’s always going to be

You’ve accepted that sentiment

Things have transformed but your soul still knows

The semblance still resides


It’s different now

You’ve learned not to erase but accept

You’ve seen the beauty in the breaking 

& you’ve accepted that now


There are no answers

There are no more what ifs

It just is


So be it & so it is 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...