Monday, August 5, 2024

Destroyed


 Love had the power to destroy me.

Driving home last night I was overcome with emotion.

My heart was slowly ripped out of my body & smashed against the brick wall.

It refused to shatter.

It continued to beat but yet “his” hands continued to squeeze the pieces at various times.

Just when I would come up for air it was ripped out again & blocked any source of genuine love that was sent to me.

I let myself feel the love & a mirror flashed in my face to remind me of the devastation & the past. 

I couldn’t breathe, those memories of what I had and what would never again come to life surround me, so I sabotage.

My heart is broken, literally unrepairable.

Love was dismantled & yet the anticipation of new love exists but cannot be grasped.

I am my own worst enemy regardless of what I do and what I’m told.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...