Saturday, September 28, 2024

Seen

 

I stare at the screen

She doesn’t see me


She is me

She’s lived through each scene

She’s buried each emotion as it has surfaced for fear of what it might do to her


She’s gone through the motions

Yet only scratched the surface of her reality

Each time she comes close she pushes away


The screen shows a different view

The breaking of the spirit

Yet she’s blinded by that somehow


The shield is her anger that she has not allowed to surface

With its release will come the freedom where she can finally step out of the screen back into her own reality


She can accept what is hers 

She will no longer carry that burden of guilt & shame

She knows it’s hers to embrace and she’ll accept it


The madness of it all will make sense someday if nothing else only to her but still she’ll finally be at peace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...