Friday, July 28, 2023

the walk…a mother’s perspective


 you 

why, i cry in dismay

were you there?

to pick up those broken pieces

to protect her at all costs….


you 

why, i plead quietly 

will you be there this time?

to love her 

to be present

to help her navigate

when she questions everything…


you 

why i scream in despair

you weren’t even there!

you failed her

not once

but often…


you

why, I question violently 

do you deserve this privilege?

you’ve abandoned her

so many times

you disappointed her

you.broke.her.heart


you 

why, i pause to move forward

someone still believes in you

someone still sees the good in you

she is one of your many arrows

your arrow of continuous hope…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...