Sunday, December 18, 2022

One pillar remains


 a piece of my childhood has come to an end

slowly i have watched the demolition

each day i drive by & it is whittled down to nothing

it has been a slow process

as i round the curve every morning i am taken aback

one pillar remains


a piece of my life has been taken away

through lenses i viewed the destruction

i continued to go around in circles

climbing back in only to find emptiness

as i reach the end i am breathless

one pillar remains


this piece of my childhood, a school

while it is just a building, the process is symbolic 

freedom awaits me

the presence is strong 

the bricks have crumbled as I have allowed my soul to heal

but yet one pillar remains 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...