Sunday, December 18, 2022


 Today I am listening


Feelings are not my friend

Flooding my soul are the thoughts

Swirling & twisting around my heart

Squeezing so tightly I feel the air leave


Questioning this new found freedom 

So fleeting

Does it only last for a time

Will it always be like this


Am I a hypocrite 

Can I ever fully walk away

The days will accumulate but new days are coming

What to expect is crushing


What am I truly so afraid of

Why is that last brick holding on

Why have you not smashed to the floor


Just let me go

Let me be released from any & all reminders

Show me that it’s okay 

Tear away the guilt that plagues my soul

Rid me of this hatred that eats away at my bones






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...