Saturday, January 15, 2022

My truth


 “You can’t handle the truth!”  

I visualize that being yelled in a movie that “my person” watched & loved.  I had often thought that was “his problem.”  I am realizing that at this moment, it is mine.  I read over my latest blog entry and I had penned, “the bricks have begun to fall, can I handle the truth.”  As the healing has graciously come, it’s too much, it’s too evident, it’s too clear…

Maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow, but I am being swallowed by my own truth & quite frankly, I don’t want to face it…

I’m consumed by guilt

yet shouldn’t be

The layers are slowly peeled back & discarded 

but the sting is unbearable 

The healing is there

the freedom just waiting

But I can’t bear to face it

I am breaking

this is far from freedom

Someone please wake me up






1 comment:

  1. I love you Jill♡ I appreciate your posts and they make me feel less alone. Just been thinking about you and hope you are doing well. For once I can say I am only because I keep "looking for the positive and practicing gratitude." It might seem lame but lately before bed I try to write down/think of 3 good things that happened today and 3 things that I appreciated/ grateful for. It's helped with my annoying amount of pessimistic attitude I get when I'm in a funk.

    ReplyDelete

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...