Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Constant

You were my constant

You held onto me even when I let go 


I let go repeatedly 

But you still anchored me down 


The blows kept coming 

But you stayed 


You wouldn’t leave me 

No matter how hard I pushed, you held on 


My feelings for you stay constant 

Regardless of how many times I let you go 


I have never felt love like I had with you 

It was new, it was surreal, it was safe 


I let go

You weren’t supposed to let me


Fight against me

Fight against the current

Hold onto me


My heart breaks 

Daily 


It is my fault 

I let you go 

I knew the repercussions 

But I didn’t fully accept or believe them 


I thought I would be okay

But I’m truly not 


You were a significant part of me 

You loved me, the real me 


Now you drift away 

The anchor has been pulled up 

I fight against me 

I fight against the current 

& my soul screams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constant

You were my constant You held onto me even when I let go  I let go repeatedly  But you still anchored me down  The blows kept coming  But yo...