Monday, November 15, 2021

The source


Like a river it streams down my face
As warm as a blanket it hides in the shelter
As cold as the ice it slips away

The snap of a memory it presses its way back in
The shatter of the glass slips right through my fingers
The turn of a page it bleeds out through the pen

The screams out of my mouth hit others like arrows
Piercing their innocent hearts
The rubber bands snapping against my skin
Remind me of the sting of his words

The slam of a door cracks me in half
The thought of him leaving angers my soul

The sobriety turns the next page in his book
But leaves me hostile with the ache of the memories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy tale nightmare

  Why can’t I let go of him?  He was my identity  He was my happiness  He controlled my emotions, he still does in a sense.    Meaning if he...